Friday, August 25, 2006

More about the surgery

Today we had a long appointment in the "prepare" clinic at the hospital, where they get you ready for surgery.

The surgery has been confirmed for Wednesday at 1:30pm. That means enrique will have to arrive at the hospital at 11:30 am. He won't be able to eat after midnight the night before. He'll be able to have a limited amount of clear liquids like tea or apple juice up to four hours before the surgery.

In the preparation room, he'll be sedated with drugs that cause a loss of memory. Since I'll still be with him at this point, I joked that this will be "A good opportunity for me to tell you what I really think of you."

Our well-connected friend kindly got him on the list for a private room, for after the operation. I should be able to spend the night in the hospital with him, unless the nurse objects on medical grounds. I'm bringing my sleeping bag, mat and toothbrush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home