Saturday, December 23, 2006

One Last "Surgery"

Since his second surgery, Enrique has had what looks like a little pimple right next to his scar. It hasn't gotten better or worse. Once or twice it has bled a little bit.

Just a few minutes ago (after dinner at my parents' house) something popped out of it while Enrique was touching it. It looked like an inch of fishing line.

Enrique was a little freaked out.

We called the surgeon.

The line is part of a suture that normally dissolves inside the body. In this instance, Enrique's body rejected it and pushed it out.

The solution was to cut it flush with the skin.

I was appointed surgeon.

"Nurse, hand me the cotton balls and rubbing alcohol," I said to my mother.

10 second later, with the help of a sterilized toenail clipper, it was gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home