Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Radiation Treament

After being postponed for a month, Enrique's radiation treatment was again postponed, but just for a day. It will be on Friday.

He's nervous. This will be a higher dose than it was last year. But, they are giving him anti-nausea medication this time. (Only because we asked - I'm not sure why they don't just offer it.)

We don't know the time of the radiation treatment yet. It will involve a short trip to the hospital where he'll be given a radioactive pill. Afterwards I'll drop him off at home and take him back home. Then we'll say good bye for a 5-7 days because it will be unsafe for me to be around him.

My mother, with help from my father, have been cooking up a storm. Our refrigerator is stocked with food for him to eat during that time.

Right now he is a on a low-iodine diet which will encourage his body to absorb the radioactive iodine. All the food they (and I) have prepared has had to adhere to this diet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home