Friday, November 10, 2006

Radiation Therapy

Enrique will start radiation therapy the day before Thanksgiving. It's supposed to be relatively painless and not very dangerous.

He'll be radioactive - literally - for around 3 days and will need to stay in the house and avoid any contact with children and women of childbearing age.

Apparently there is relatively little danger in me being around him as long as we don't spend too much time right next to each other.

But, Enrique is very concerned about me being exposed to radiation. So, he's going to spend Thanksgiving by himself in our apartment and I'll be with my parents.

I know its not a huge deal, but I find it a little heartbreaking.

Then I remind myself: he's from Mexico, so he doesn't care about Thanksgiving as much as I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home