Saturday, September 15, 2007

Help and Food From Friends

Enrique was able to go off his diet about five days after taking the radio-iodine treatment. Until then he had a bunch of specially prepared meals that my mother and I had made for him.

We did a pretty good job of cooking, I think, but at the end of his three week diet, he was ready for a cheeseburger. He also got to enjoy a basket of food delivered by some kind-hearted colleagues and several bouquets of flowers.

During our week apart, I stayed with a very generous friend. And Enrique got a constant stream of cards, calls and emails to keep him company. Lots of folks also called me.

I am not a very sentimental person, but I was surprised at what a big difference it made for both of us to be remembered by so many people. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home